Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 74 - Post Apoc Orc

Day 74 - Post-Apoc Orc

As I was working on this figure for the Creations for Charity event I was trying to think of how to vary my figures.  As with all of my Creations for Charity figures, I am featuring various BrickArms  prototypes (in this case a podgun) - incidentally, a great big thank you to Will for his generosity.  After choosing which weapon to use, I started working with some Amazing Armory. I wanted to do something different with it than I usually do, and I started adding a few things to it, and I started playing with the GOW shield as well.  As I was playing with ideas, I realized that this figure needed a Lego...troll...cough...orc.  I started playing with adding some more elements to the shield, and realized that it needed some gore to it.  The shield is playing with a specific technique used very often for Warhammer Orcs - where you take the brush bristles and flick them at the shield.  It works really well - it's best to layer with a darker color underneath and then a brighter color layered over that. After I was finished, I thought the shield needed something a little extra, and as I was piecing it together I saw a bag of items I recently recieved from BrickCommand.net and I used one of the throwing stars they offer (which are usable for a minifigure - really wonderful)!


The other element I was really working on here are the armor horns - which use a technique called feathering.  It involves layering colors over one another and letting a wet brush create the "horn" effect.  Most of the other effects with this figure utilize a wash.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with how this figure turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment