Thursday, November 25, 2010

Project 365

What is Project 365?  It is my quest to create one custom minifigure per day for one year with the focus of improving my craft and art of minifigure customization.  This is a very exciting time right now for the Lego minifigure - there is an ever growing list of independent Lego accessory vendors - companies such as BrickArms, BrickForge, Amazing Armory (each with a growing list of resellers), Arealight, BrickCommand - just to name a few provide accessories which are not offered by Lego.  In addition to the independent vendors, Lego has also recognized the growing trend of minifigure collectability as seen in the creation and subsequent release of the Collectable Minifigures (Currently Series 1-3, with more planned).

With all this in mind, there is no lack of minifigure customizers out there - JasBrick and Morgan190 are the first to come to mind, however, every day more and more Lego Minifigure fans find themselves involved in customizing their first minifigure.  Each person that I see customizing minifigures has their own strengths and weaknesses - and I find we can learn things from each other which will help each of us to continue creating better minifigures.  This blog is my journey for 1 year in creating custom minifigures - some figures are created to better hone a particular technique, or to test a concept for customization.  Within this blog I will share each days minifigure, and what I was trying to achieve, and what I think I still can fine-tune to help make my craft better.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me.

A few of my figures for the first 75 days:


Day 2:


Day 16:


Day 29:


Day 45:





Day 58


 Day 60:






Day 66:

Day 71:

No comments:

Post a Comment