Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 77, 78, and 79

So, I've been a little busy with auditions and work!  Anyway, I now am able to catch up on posting information on my figures:

Day 79:  Creations for Charity Gravity Jumper


I had a lot of fun with this figure - as with the other Creations for Charity figures, I was playing with new ideas for the BrickArms prototypes - in this case a Podgun and E11 Blaster Rifle.  I started playing with armor options for my figure, and saw one of these jetpacks, and thought it would work well with the colors I chose.  I then started working on the buttons and the energy orb as well as the helmet.  I love using the u-clips on a figures hand to attach rockets, as it really adds firepower to a figure.  In this case, I was particularly happy with the way it turned out, because the tan podgun sits over the U-clip and it looks like the two weapons are joined together.  I almost didn't include this figure in the event because I loved how that turned out so much! 

The helmet took a little time to get right, because the curvature of the helmet messes with where the eyes of the minifigure head line up.  I think it turned out well!

Day 78:  Post-Apoc Orc with Energy Sword


This figure follows some of the same techniques developed on the Creations for Charity figure which I blogged about before - I have a few other figures that I am working on in this genre as well - I think you'll love the leader that I developed.  This figure was primarily more playing with washes, and the feathering technique used on the bony claws on the armor - it mixes it down.  Sometimes I get it really well, and other times my hand shakes :)  It has gotten much better, and I'm really happy that I did several of these figures, because I have some other ideas for this technique!


Day 77: Weird West Cowboy:


I was working on some figures, and trying to think of a neat way to include the rust/swirl BrickArms prototype chakram disc and Lever-Action rifle.  Well, as mentioned on Flickr, I'm just really jumping on the bandwagon of creating a new theme by adding "weird" to it ;) Actually, I was playing with it and thought - it doesn't fit in the western theme, nor really post-apoc, but sort of a fusion of the two, so I decided weird west worked well. I'm not sure what the differences between steampunk will be (b/c steampunk could sometimes be considered "weird" west, but oh well - I'll let the world decide that - I'm just the ... genius/crazy person... behind the idea ;)

Anyway, the point of this figure was to see how I do painting torso elements (as well as arm and leg) which represent torn clothes.  Basically this was achieved by layering one color over another (starting with the darkest and moving to the lightest).  It was also nice to have a yellow that matched the Lego figure color.  The brush I used was a standard brush, with it barely touching the figure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment