Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 80 - Creations for Charity - Weird War Spetsnaz Heavy Gunner


With this figure, I wanted to achieve a few things - first of all, I wanted to use my last BrickArms proto rust swirl M1919 to make a really cool figure.  I also wanted to create a figure in a new genre, and as I had already created quite a bit of post-apoc and steampunk figures, I wanted to venture into new territory (at least for myself).  As I started thinking about it, I thought I might try something for World War II, and actually make a historical figure, however the rust color of the weapon made me hesitant to do that.  I then decided, well, what about the Weird War theme - and I started playing around with some extra pieces.  For some reason, this color scheme jumped out at me to create a camo design, and it just looked like a Weird War Spetsnaz trooper to me.  I decided to add in a rust swirl BrickArms Tac Sword as well, as I thought it went well with the figure.

In terms of figure composition and creation, I obviously was playing with a technique of camouflage designs (this one turned out best of my various figures in my opinion, but the others look pretty good too ;).  Basically this was achieved by layering colors on top of one another (I used about 5 different layers), and as I did several designs I learned that it is better to do smaller designs with each subsequent layer.  If you make each subsequent layer too large, it makes the whole thing look too unorganized, and looses a lot of details.  I also used a few well placed dots of white and black to help further offset the camo pattern, which in my opinion gave it the final amount of detail that made the camo really stick out.  Hope you liked this figure as much as I did!

1 comment:

  1. This is quite late for a post. But if you ever do read this for some apparent reason, I have a few questions:

    1) Would you ever consider making Mini-Figures of units in Cortex Command?
    2) Do you sell these?? If you do I'd be willing to buy some!!

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete